Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen


Beautiful Days: A Bright Young Things Novel by Anna Godbersen (Published by HarperTeen, September 20, 2011)

In this must-have sequel to Bright Young Things, Cordelia and Letty are small-town girls no longer. Letty is ready at last to chase her Broadway dreams. Cordelia thought she lost her true love, but a chance meeting will change her fortune—and her future. The unflappable flapper Astrid Donal has promised herself to Charlie Grey, Cordelia’s half-brother, but isn’t sure their love is true enough to survive. And a bitter rivalry will ensnare them all in a dangerous feud played out in the speakeasies of Manhattan and on the great lawns of Long Island. As these bright young things live out their beautiful days in the summer of 1929, they find romance and heartbreak, adventure and intrigue, new friends and unexpected rivals.
Fans of The Luxe series, A Great and Terrible Beauty, Martin Scorsese’s hit HBO series Boardwalk Empire, and, of course, The Great Gatsby, will delight in the Jazz Age setting, a time when girls were enjoying newfound freedom and excitement could be found behind any door in Manhattan.


I enjoyed the first book in this series, so I am looking forward to reading the second. It's supposed to be at BEA next month, so hopefully I will be able to read it in a few weeks.

2 comments:

YA Librarian said...

I enjoyed the start to this series way more than the Luxe, which just rubbed me the wrong way. It was nothing but a bunch of backstabbing and poorly written historical fiction. As I said before, gossip girls in Victorian dresses. However, this new series I think the author has matured leaps and bounds. I find it more historically accurate.

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) said...

Thanks for stopping by my WOW! I did like The Queen's Lady a smidgen less but it still means I absolutely love them both because The Other Countess would have been been so hard to follow up.

I was thinking about doing my WOW on this one this week lol. You'll be so lucky if you can read it early through BEA :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva