Saturday, January 21, 2012

Titanic 100th Anniversary Reading Challenge

I said I was done joining reading challenges for 2012, then I came across this one. I've always been kind of obsessed with the Titanic (even before the movie came out) so I will have to join this one! You can find out more info and join the challenge here. I am going to try for the highest level, level 3, Going Down With the Ship, which is to read or watch a combination of 12 (twelve) Titanic related material. I'll mostly be reading books, but I also plan to watch the new Titanic miniseries that will be on TV in April.

Here are some of the books I might read:
By the Light of the Silvery Moon by Tricia Goyer
Promise Me This by Cathy Gohlke
Ghosts of the Titanic by Julie Lawson
The Watch that Ends the Night: Voices from the Titanic by Allan Wolf
Hearts that Survive: A Novel of the Titanic by Yvonne Lehman
Dangerous Waters: An Adventure on the Titanic by Gregory Mone
Return to Titanic series by Steve Brezenoff (4 books)
Forget Me Not by Sue Lawson

While I can't include these books for the challenge, since I read them a while ago, here are some other Titanic books that I've reviewed on my blog, for anyone that is looking for Titanic books to read.

Dear America: Voyage on the Great Titanic by Ellen Emerson White
No Moon by Irene N. Watts
Titanic, Book One: Unsinkable by Gordon Korman
Titanic, Book Two: Collison Course by Gordon Korman
Titanic, Book Three: S.O.S. by Gordon Korman
Fateful by Claudia Gray
Dear Canada: That Fatal Night by Sarah Ellis
I Am Canada: Deadly Voyage by Hugh Brewester

1 comment:

Christina T said...

Sounds like a fun challenge. I've been fascinated with the Titanic since I was a kid.

Have you heard of the Dressmaker by Kate Alcott? That one is also set on the Titanic. I think it will be published next month.

Good luck with your challenge!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva