Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes (Published by Razorbill, December 11, 2012)

A deeply dramatic fantasy series that's Game of Thrones for teens.
Sixteen-year-old Cleo has grown up in luxury, the royal heiress to a prosperous kingdom. But beneath her nation's seemingly peaceful surface lies dangerous unrest. Whispers of war are growing ever louder--intensified by a murderous incident for which Cleo's betrothed, Aron, is accused.
Amidst the ongoing intrigue, Cleo has a more desperate mission. She defies her father's orders and sets off on a secret and perilous journey into a neighboring country, seeking a magic long thought to be mythical. If it's real, it could be the cure that heals her ailing sister. If it's only legend, Cleo will be stranded in a kingdom that has just declared war on her own.
This sensational series debut melds intricate storylines with unforgettable characters and vibrantly imagined magic. Falling Kingdoms is ideal for fans of Kristin Cashore, Cinda Williams Chima, and George R.R. Martin.


This book won't be out for a while (nine months! why does it have to be so long? I guess I will cross fingers for an ARC?), but I decided to feature it this week because it sounds SO AMAZING. Game of Thrones for teens? I'm sold! I hope this is the start of more young adult high fantasy because I LOVE high fantasy and I wish there was more of it being published in the YA genre.

1 comment:

Christina T said...

Wow, this does sound really promising! It is new to me and I will be adding it to my TBR list. I still haven't read Game of Thrones but I like the idea of more high fantasy for teens too.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva