Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Crusade by Linda Press Wulf

Crusade by Linda Press Wulf (Published by Bloomsbury UK, January 3, 2011)

Robert: Left on the steps of a church as a baby, Robert was often hungry but never stole food like the other orphans in town. Introverted and extraordinarily intelligent, he knew all the Latin prayers and hymns by heart by the time he was five years old.
Georgette: Her own mother died in childbirth, leaving Georgette with a father who, seventeen at the time, had neither experience nor aptitude as a nurturing parent, and a brother known in town as Le Fuer – The Spitfire – for his terrible temper.
Perhaps to replace something missing from their own lives, both Robert and Georgette are drawn to the news of a crusader, twelve or thirteen, no older than themselves, travelling down through France with thousands of followers – all, unbelievably, children too.
Of those thousands, this is the incredible story of two. A story of hardship, loss and of love.


I love historical fiction and I love the Medieval era so this sounds look a really good book, can't wait to read it!

6 comments:

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I've never heard of this book before but I like the sound of it. Adding it to my Goodreads wishlist now, thanks for sharing :)

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) said...

This book sounds brillaint, I learnt about the Crusaders at school and found them very interesting and have been meaning to read some more medieval YA historical fiction books so it sounds aperfect read for me.

Your WOWs have helped me find some wonderful new books so thank you Rebecca!

P.S

My WOW post is on Cate of the Lost Colony and I found your review of it through looking it up on Google. I've linked to it in my post- take a look if you like: http://bestfriends-books.blogspot.com/2010/08/waiting-on-wednesday-cate-of-lost.html

Ellz said...

I am not big on HF, however the medieval setting has me interested. I wonder about US publication. GReat pick.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this looks really really interesting! i hadn't heard of it before!

Susan said...

I always thought this topic would make a great historical novel. I look forward to reading it!

Laina said...

I love that I find so many books I wouldn't otherwise at your blog :) Great pick!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva