Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Family Greene by Ann Rinaldi

The Family Greene by Ann Rinaldi (Published by Harcourt, May 24, 2010)

Cornelia Greene is fed up with gossip about her mother. Caty Littlefield Greene was once a beautiful young bride who lifted the troops’ spirits at Valley Forge, but Cornelia knows that rumors of Caty’s past indiscretions hurt Nathanael Greene, Cornelia’s adored father. Yet, Caty claims that she’s just a flirt, and that flirting is a female necessity—a woman’s only means of power.
But Cornelia’s concern with her mother’s reputation fades to the background when she learns that Nathanael Greene may not even be her father. As she searches for the truth, she makes unexpected discoveries that lead her to a new understanding of love and family.


I am really excited to see Ann Rinaldi writing a new historical novel that is not set during the Civil War! Her books about the Colonial Era and American Revolution were always my favorites by her, so I can't wait to read this one. I'm unsure about the cover however, it's pretty but the people seem to be from the wrong time period, the clothing doesn't seem right for the late 1700s or early 1800s.

3 comments:

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I like the sound of this book :) I've never read anything by Ann Rinaldi before.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Ann Rinaldi is one of my favorite authors! Great pick!

Anonymous said...

This book sounds good. I've never read anything by Ann Rinaldi before.
I've given you an award over on my blog :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva