Saturday, April 24, 2010

In My Mailbox - 4/24/10

Credit goes to The Story Siren for creating and hosting the In My Mailbox feature. Here are my new books for this week:

For review:

The Wide-Awake Princess by E.D. Baker

In this new stand-alone fairy tale, Princess Annie is the younger sister to Gwen, the princess destined to be Sleeping Beauty. When Gwennie pricks her finger and the whole castle falls asleep, only Annie is awake, and only Annie—blessed (or cursed?) with being impervious to magic—can venture out beyond the rose-covered hedge for help. She must find Gwen’s true love to kiss her awake.
But who is her true love? The irritating Digby? The happy-go-lucky Prince Andreas, who is holding a contest to find his bride? The conniving Clarence, whose sinister motives couldn’t possibly spell true love? Joined by one of her father’s guards, Liam, who happened to be out of the castle when the sleeping spell struck, Annie travels through a fairy tale land populated with characters both familiar and new as she tries to fix her sister and her family . . . and perhaps even find a true love of her own.


So that's all for this week, I didn't see any books to buy really, I have a lot of great books to read though, so I don't mind a week without buying anything.

11 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

I just ordered Fever 1793. Thanks again for recommending!

Carla said...

This sounds like such a cute read, and that cover is just adorable!

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

This cover is just too cute! Hope you like it!

Test said...

The Wide-Awake Princess sounds disney movie cute! I can't wait to see your review for it. Happy reading!

Tesni said...

As someone else pointed out, it looks like a Disney film, in a cute sort of way. And the cover is sweet, too. *Will seek it out on Amazon.com*. Happy reading!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

I am Waiting for this one.

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

I think I just want this one for the precious cover. ;) Enjoy!

Here's my IMM for the week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-42410.html

I hope you have an awesome Sunday!
Laura from the Bookie Bunch ;D

Anonymous said...

The Wide Awake Princess looks terrific, and the cover is so cute. My daughter and I might need to get our hands on that one. :-)

Kerstin said...

The cover reminds me of Disney, sounds interesting! Happy reading :)

Jessica said...

Awww...this one sounds cute! Gonna have to check it out...

Fantastic Book Review said...

This book does sound cute! Happy Reading!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva