Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Forgiven by Janet Fox

Forgiven by Janet Fox (Published by Speak, June 26, 2011)

Kula Baker never expected to find herself on the streets of San Francisco, alone but for a letter of introduction. Though she has come to the city to save her father from a cruel fate, Kula soon finds herself swept up in a world of art and elegance—a world she hardly dared dream of back in Montana, where she was no more than the daughter of an outlaw. And then there is the handsome David Wong, whose smiling eyes and soft-spoken manner have an uncanny way of breaking through Kula's carefully crafted reserve. Yet when disaster strikes and the wreckage threatens all she holds dear, Kula realizes that only by unlocking her heart can she begin to carve a new future for herself.


I really enjoyed Janet Fox's first novel, Faithful. Forgiven continues the story of one of the characters from the first book so I am really looking forward to reading it. And this post reminds me that I should write a review for Faithful - I got it on my own rather than being sent the book for review, but I should still write a review, since I enjoyed it!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I didn't love FAITHFUL, but Fox's covers draw me and I just can't help but give the novels a try... so I'm sure I'll be reading this one! Good pick!

ChelseaW said...

I can't wait for this book, either! Thank you for telling me a little more about it, sounds interesting!

Raspberry said...

I must confess I thought Faithful was a bit...overdramatic. But seriously one of THE best covers of 2010 (for me, anyways), and I loved the historical aspect of settling the Yellowstone area. I'll be interested to see how this one pans out.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva