Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Emerald by Karen Wallace

Emerald by Karen Wallace (Published by Simon and Schuster UK, August 4, 2011)

Emerald St. John is in trouble. She has been condemned to marry a man she hates. Her enemies are conspiring to have her pet bear Molly torn apart in the baiting pits, and the man she loves is far away on the high seas. And she has stumbled into a web of spies with a plot to poison Queen Elizabeth I. To save herself and the kingdom, she must beat the spies at their own game - which means transforming herself from a country girl into a Court lady. Can she do it in time? Set against a detailed and vivid recreation of a great Elizabethan manor house, EMERALD will bring to life a world where the most sophisticated rules of etiquette went hand in with brutality and superstition.


I love historical fiction set in the Tudor era so I am really looking forward to this book. Also the cover is very pretty!

4 comments:

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) said...

Ooooh- I love the sound of this book! As you said, the cover is beauitful too. I'll add it to my TBR list- thanks for sharing :)

Sally said...

This one sounds great. I love a little court intrigue.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

danya said...

I haven't heard of this one before but have now added it to my TBR list! Love the rich green in that cover and the plot sounds like fun :)

Brona said...

I loved this story - hope you did too - read my review here
http://bronasbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/emerald-by-karen-wallace.html

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva