Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes

I've been terrible at blogging lately and really need to get back to it (work, I hate you!). It doesn't help that I still hate the new Blogger interface. I am hoping to do some reviews later in the week, but for now here is an easy Waiting on Wednesday post.

Rebel Spring: A Falling Kingdoms Novel by Morgan Rhodes

 Auranos has been conquered and the three kingdoms — Auranos, Limeros, and Paelsia — are now unwillingly united as one country called Mytica. But alluring, dangerous magic still beckons, and with it the chance to rule not just Mytica, but the world...

CLEO is now a prisoner in her own palace, forced to be an ambassador for Mytica as the evil King Gaius lies to her people

MAGNUS stands to eventually inherit the new kingdom but is still obsessed with his feelings for his adopted sister Lucia

LUCIA is haunted by the outcome of the breathtaking display of magic that allowed her father to capture the kingdoms

JONAS watches at the palace gates, a troop of rebels behind him, waiting for him to tell them how he plans to overtake King Gaius

When Gaius announces that a road is to be built into the Forbidden Mountains, formally linking all of Mytica together, he sets off a chain of events that will forever change the face of this land. Because Gaius is not just burrowing into a pile of rock. He’s tunneling directly into the Watchers’ Sanctuary. And his actions will have cosmic consequences.



I really enjoyed reading Falling Kingdoms last year, but since since I got it early at BEA, it already feels like I have been waiting forever for the sequel. I hope this one is at BEA so I don't have to wait until December!!

2 comments:

middle grade ninja said...

Good review. I hate it when work gets in the way of blogging, but gotta pay the bills to keep the internet on to do the free blog:)

Dorothy said...

This looks like an awesome book. I love the book cover very nice. I wish I could read that one!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva