Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Contagion by Joanne Dahme

Contagion by Joanne Dahme (Published by Running Press Kids, September 28, 2010)

In her fourth novel Joanne Dahme creates another page-turning tale in which a young woman named Rose strives to rid Philadelphia’s water of the deadly typhoid bacteria. Set in the late 19th century, Rose Dugan is a young wife who is actively involved in her community. But when her best friend is killed while working at Philadelphia’s Water Works' gardens, the mystery around her death pulls Rose in. Will she save the city from a deadly typhoid outbreak that is threatening the city’s water system? Will Rose unravel the mystery behind her best friend’s murder—a fate that was actually meant for her?


I enjoyed Joanne Dahme's rather creepy historical novel The Plague which I read last year, so I am hoping to enjoy this book as well. The historical setting is very different (The Plague was set in Medieval Europe) but this book will also be a historical mystery set against an epidemic.

4 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

I'm a sucker for these epidemic books!

~The Book Pixie said...

This seems like it'd be a really great read, though a bit different from my usual. Definitely going to add this one to my wishlist. :D

~Briana

Erica said...

This one looks great! I love historical books - they're my favorites. The cover for this one is just gorgeous.

Christina T said...

I hadn't heard of this before but it looks really interesting. I enjoy historical fiction so I'll be adding this to my TBR list.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva