Sunday, April 4, 2010

More cover lookalikes

A couple of weeks back I posted a trio of very similar young adult covers, all for books being released this summer (if you haven't seen that post it's at this link: http://rebeccasbookblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/cover-lookalikes.html), now I have found another pair of lookalike covers:
















What are your thoughts? Does it bother you to see two (or more) very similar book covers within the same genre? What are other lookalike covers you have spotted recently?

4 comments:

Monster of Books said...

I've seen this with the Evermore cover!! And to be honest, I just think it's lack of originality. But I'm not a book cover artist, and it must be a tough job.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I would find it a bit confusing to be honest. After all the work that goes into publishing a book, you'd think they would spend the money on an original cover design...

Tesni said...

The Keeper's Tattoo is was first published in the U.K as The Keeper's Daughter, and though it's not exactly identical it's the same idea: a picture from behind of a girl with a plait, with water in the foreground. So I wonder if The Keeper's Tattoo had that cover first. It'd make sense.

Rebecca Herman said...

Tez - I just looked and I like the UK cover better.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva