Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cover lookalikes

So I was browsing on Amazon, looking for new books, when I came across the cover for Whisper My Name by Jane Eagland and thought it looked *really* familiar, then I realized why, it has almost the exact same cover as a book I have in my reading pile, The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees! Anyone else think these covers look *extremely* similar? Have you noticed any other lookalike covers recently?















Update: A comment mentioned that there is actually a third book cover using this model, but with a different colored dress: The Education of Bet by Lauren Baratz- Logsted:

5 comments:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

Sometimes publishers use the same model/picture for different books, but they switch it around or do coloring changes. An example are the books Evermore by Alyson Noel and North of Beautiful

Christina T said...

This same model is also on The Education of Bet but the color of the dress is different! I hadn't seen Whisper My Name. The model looks older in that cover.

Rebecca Herman said...

Christina T - good find! I have an ARC of that book and didn't notice, I guess because the color was different! I am going to add it to the post.

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Whoa, yeah, you're right, well spotted! Can't say I'm a huge fan of any of the versions though ...

Unknown said...

Say The Word by Jeannine Garsee had the same cover as North of Beautiful and Evermore, just different positions. It's amazing how common the pics are!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva