Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Cate of the Lost Colony by Lisa Klein

Cate of the Lost Colony by Lisa Klein (Published by Bloomsbury, October 2010)

The greatest unsolved mystery of American history--what happened to all the colonists who landed on Roanoke Island in 1587? This novel traces the fortunes and misfortunes of one Cate Archer, banished to Virginia by a jealous Queen Elizabeth because of her dalliance with Sir Walter Ralegh. What will be her fate in this dangerous New World?


I have always been fascinated by the story of the Lost Colony of Roanoke and what may have happened there. And I have loved all the books I have read so far by Lisa Klein. So I am really looking forward to this book, and it is one of the fall releases I want to read the most. Also I love the cover, it is really pretty, love the girl's dress and the background.

6 comments:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I'm really excited for this one too!

Christina T said...

I hadn't heard of this but I find the mystery of Roanoke to be really fascinating. In the 90s I read an interesting series by Angela Hunt that started with the Rooanoke Colony and what might have happened to them. Great WoW pick. I'm adding this to my TBR list.

PolishOutlander said...

What a great pick! Adding it to my wish list now.

Anonymous said...

This one sounds fantastic! I'll add it to my TBR list...

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

The cover is BEAUTIFUL

Test said...

Ooh, what a great pick! I love the cover and it sounds fantastic.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva