Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson

The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson (Published by Zondervan, October 1, 2010)

When destiny sleeps, it can only be awakened by true love’s kiss.
In this historical romance loosely based on the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale, Rose, a woodcutter’s daughter, becomes the town healer’s apprentice. Her job is to help care for the sick and injured in the Southwest tower of Hagenheim Castle. But Rose becomes sick at the sight of blood and is more suited to making up stories than sewing up wounds. She is determined to overcome her weakness and prove herself a competent healer, or face marrying a disgusting old merchant her mother has picked out for her.
Lord Hamlin, oldest son of the duke, destined to be ruler of the region, is injured while the healer is away. Rose must overcome her squeamishness and inexperience to care for his injury. And she must not fall in love in with Lord Hamlin, for he is betrothed to marry a girl who is in hiding and must fulfill his duty to find the evil conjurer, Moncore, and save his betrothed.
But the people of Hagenheim are not always who they seem. When Rose’s life is in danger, Lord Hamlin must choose between duty and destiny, between obligation … and true love.


I love young adult medieval romance and fairy tales so this book sounds perfect for me. And I love the cover, it's so pretty.

8 comments:

Shweta said...

I agree very pretty cover and YA historical fiction is always fun to read.

Monster of Books said...

There seems to be a lot of fairy tale remakes lately, and this WOW seems to have a lot of romance in it. It's nice :) This books sounds intriguing, love the cover!

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

Thanks for sharing! This sounds like a great fairy tale remake :)

Daphne said...

That is a nice cover!

Christina T said...

This sounds like an awesome book! Thank you so much for sharing it. I love fairy tale retellings and I am definitely adding The Healer's Apprentice to my TBR list.

Here is my WoW pick.

Angiegirl said...

That is a pretty cover. And I'm a huge sucker for fairy tale retellings. Thanks for the heads up!

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of this before but I definitely want to read it now. Great choice!

Melanie Dickerson said...

I hope you like it! Thanks so much for featuring The Healer's Apprentice on your blog, Rebecca! I love fairy tales, too. :-) I have another book that I hope will get published soon--a Beauty and the Beast story, set in medieval England. It's very romantic too. ;-)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva