Friday, March 26, 2010

More on the Fall 2010 Dear America relaunch

I posted a few days ago about the relaunch of the Dear America series which I am super excited about. It looks it it was just announced officially in Publishers Weekly this week as they have an online article: http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/453745-Fresh_Start_for_Dear_America.php.

The article includes some info about the series and pictures of the new covers (the cover in this post is for the first new book, The Fences Between Us by Kirby Larson). As well as some information about the books that will be released in 2011:

Among the six additions to the series scheduled for 2011 is Like the Willow Tree, a new book by Lois Lowry; and Cannons at Dawn, Gregory's sequel to Winter of Red Snow. Also due are reissues by Patricia McKissack, Karen Hesse, and Mary Pope Osborne.

I am so excited about this! It looks like there will be a pretty big marketing campaign, so I hope they decide to feature the series at BEA in May! (because I would be super excited to even just get bookmarks or something, haha, that's how much I loved this series!)

2 comments:

Nitima Sood said...

Liked your post. Someday I hope to write a book where the royalties will pay for the copies I give away.
:-)

Tesni said...

Yay! I can't wait for the new books! I've been reading them since I was nine (still working through them, about 10 left but none of them I can get hold of easily in England).

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva