Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dear America series returning in Fall 2010!

Ok, I am so ridiculously excited about this, considering it's a middle grade series, but Dear America was basically my favorite book series ever, and it is because of this series that I still love historical fiction so much. I was soooo sad when it ended. And I was browsing on Amazon looking at new books, and what do I find - a new Dear America book! OMG I am so excited. Here is the info on the new book, which will be published in September 2010!

The Fences Between Us: The Diary of Piper Davis, Seattle, Washington, 1941 by Kirby Larson

Thirteen-year-old Piper Davis records in her diary her experiences beginning in December 1941 when her brother joins the Navy, the United States goes to war, she attempts to document her life through photography, and her father--the pastor for a Japanese Baptist Church in Seattle--follows his congregants to an Idaho internment camp, taking her along with him.


So yeah, I am incredibly excited about this and can't wait to read the new book. I hope it is the first of many!

4 comments:

Monster of Books said...

Ahh I remember these books, or maybe similar books to them. They're diaries of history, they were really popular when I was in middle school!!

The Book Bug said...

i was wondering what was going on there... thanks for the heads up!

MissA said...

This series also helped instill in me a love of historical fiction as well! They have new covers too, I like the swirly design.

The Fencces between us sound interesting. I'll be looking out for it in the fall. thanks for telling us about this!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. When I finished the last book, I was so sad. Then to discover this book was coming out with 5 others, I was so excited! I can't wait!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Drowsy Town kit by Irene Alexeeva